I am getting ready for bed, lying down, and enjoying watching/feeling the show in my stomach. Jelly Bean will be attempting what I think, are pretty amazing acrobatic feats, and I call to Matt, thinking he'd want to join the party. Matt will come running, ready to participate in the marvel, he'll put his hand on my jumping belly, and then, without fail, Jelly Bean goes quiet. Matt will sit for a bit, ask me if the baby is moving, and though I want to say yes, that little JB has decided to indulge in a sudden bought of narcolepsy.
This has happened multiple times, so finally, Matt and I decided we had to be a little more tricksy if he ever wanted to see/feel Jelly Bean kick. We developed hand signals, which basically involve me frantically waving at the right time, and trying not to laugh.
Finally, just the other night, Matt was able to be sneaky enough and not only SAW our little Bean jump, but FELT it too. I sometimes forget what it must be like for Matt to not be as intimate with the whole pregnancy thing as I am. I get to feel everything, and he just has to trust me. When he felt the movement of our baby he got the biggest grin on his face and said "Whoa." It was the best thing ever. We have a little Jumping Bean, and now Matt knows it too!
Magical! That's the only way to describe those baby kicks. There are few things better then seeing your baby move in your tummy! I'm so glad you get to experience this.
ReplyDeleteThat is exactly the right word Meagan! What a dream this all is!
ReplyDeleteLove those moments.... and how nice they are written down to remember.
ReplyDelete