Sunday, February 13, 2011

Preparing and Loving It!


FREEZING WITH FRIENDS...

Ok, so for those of you who know my mother, you know one of her favourite topics is cooking and recipe planning. She always has the greatest and latest kitchen gadgets to play with, and loves to give her daughters a call and share with them her next amazing recipe idea. Myself, being one of her daughters, I get to pick her brain often.

SO--when one of my good friends, (Kristen), sent me an email suggesting that we get together and do some freezer meals in preparation for the baby, I jumped at the chance and immediately called my mom for some suggestions. She sent me to get a book called "The Big Cook," a cookbook that has a tonne of great freezer meal ideas. This weekend was when Kristen and I made it all happen. We made everything from Beef Fajitas, to Orange Chicken, to Apple Crisp--not to mention we spent ONLY about $110 each for 15 meals and 2 Desserts--talk about economical!

It was a lot of work, and I have to give a shout out to Kris, because without her, I wouldn't have had the energy or desire to make it through the day, and it wouldn't have been have as much fun.

Now my freezer is full, and one more step towards Jelly Bean's arrival is complete.

MATERNITY PICS...
About a week ago, we had a fantastic young lady (JAYDEN), come over to our house and grace us with her photography skills and do a fun and fantastic maternity shoot for us. At the time, I was 37 weeks pregnant--now I'm 38. I have to share some of the amazing pics she took (These are just a few). She has incredible talent, and managed to make even a fat belly look good.

THANK YOU JAYDEN!!! :)

11 comments:

  1. Glad you are thinking ahead.... I never thought to freeze meals with Levi but now know that it is key for surviving the first few weeks with a new baby. All your hard work will definitely pay off!!!!

    In case you are bored - I always freeze some muffins so that I can have a quick snack when I am nursing, they always come in handy. I would make you some but they wouldn't be so good by the time they got there.

    Your pics are amazing! You are beautiful. I am excited for this bundle to be born!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted something and spelled your name wrong haha oops. I LOVE your pics suzie!!! I hope I look as amazing as you do when I'm prego. :) I can't wait to see this little jelly bean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ Ashley--too funny--you are going to be gorgeous!

    @All--Thanks everyone! You help this chubby Pregnant Lady feel beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so close! Can't wait to meet little jelly bean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should give yourself more credit Mrs.-make-mango chicken-singlehandedly-while-I-was-walking my dog!

    I had a great time too, i'm amazed what we got accomplished! :)

    Confession: We're having orange chicken and apple crisp for dinner tonight! lol! I should say that Dan DID offer to make the orange chicken from scratch, but I didn't want to put him through that on Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kris--LOL--well, speaking from experience, in regards to the Orange Chicken, that was very nice of you! A true Valentine's Day gesture--such a good wife!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I decided next time we do orange chicken (maybe its too soon to talk about, haha) but next time we'll do shifts. Like, you do two batches, then I do two batches, Dan does four batches... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing & I am so excited for you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete