
Well, Maëlle's birthday is only a couple weeks away, and we are planning a little family get-together. I have been thinking a lot about how blessed we have been this past year, and can hardly believe it has flown by so fast.
I am going to get the blog printed in a book for us, so I wanted to reflect a little about everything that our little Jelly Bean has inspired, and the overwhelming feeling is JOY she is responsible for.
I am happier than I have ever been in my life.
I thought I was happy when I married my best friend.
I thought I was happy when we spent 8 amazing years, just the two of us.
I thought I was happy when we found out we were pregnant, and started looking forward to our Jelly Bean's arrival.
However, after looking back on all that has led to this point in my life, I realize that yes, I was happy, but now I am SO much more.
Maëlle has inspired the deepest joy I have ever felt. From the moment she was placed in my arms, I can honestly say, my life was changed forever--changed in such a powerful, positive way, that I had no idea how deeply I would be affected. I had no idea how much better Matt and I's relationship could be when we fell in mutual love with our little girl. I had no idea that each day we'd have her, we'd love her so much more than the day before.
I know this is probably the most cliché and sappy post I've written, but I guess I never want to forget these feelings--and they are so very real, so you're just going to have to forgive me for sounding overly emotional.
My heart is full. I am SO VERY HAPPY.
Awww, sweet Suzie. Perfection.
ReplyDeleteWonderfully written! Happy Birthday little Maelle!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Maelle!!
ReplyDeleteI agree...children bring this kind of joy we never knew even existed! It's wonderful and perfect and such a blessing. I also think I fall in love with Ben a little bit more each time I see him tickling or cuddling or just takinof care of our girls. It's pretty awesome!
Happy (late) Birthday to Maelle! Parenthood is such a blessing, glad you are enjoying it!
ReplyDelete