Wednesday, March 2, 2011

And Jelly Bean Arrives!!!! Who does she look more like???

And Jelly Bean is....

A GIRL!!!

And her name is...

Maelle Lena Burton

First question we get...how do you pronounce that???

my-ELLE LAY-na

So first, before we get into more let's play a little game. Which parent does Maelle look more like? Below is a picture of Maelle between her two parents. You be the judge!








































































Maelle was born Monday evening on February 28th 2011 at 8:30 pm, about 12 hours on the dot after we arrived at the hospital. And she was fairly punctual! Only 1 day after her due date!

Suzie went into labour at about 2:30 in the morning with regular contractions. She made it through the rest of the night with only a little rest. Just the evening before we had gone for a long walk to encourage little jelly bean to make an appearance. So it looks like that worked!

After a long night we made it to the hospital at 8:30 am and Suzie was 4 cm dilated in triage, so they sent us on in! We then got into our room and met our nurse and stuck it out for the next 12 hours.

Suzie was SUCH a trooper. she breathed through the contractions like a pro, without making a sound! But we were SO happy and relieved when little Maelle finally arrived. It was a very long day, especially for Suzie. And nothing can express the joy we felt when we finally met her!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay CONGRATULATIONS! She is gorgeous! I love the name, very cute. I would have to say at first glance she looks more like Suzie, but taking a second look, she is definitely a good mix of the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The minute I saw her picture I saw SUZIE!! she has suzies cutie nose but I think she has matts eyes. But overall Suzie. Move closer so I can baby sit that cute baby!!! Or we'll baby sit in Hawaii :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Suzie and Maelle could be twins!

    ReplyDelete