Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Very Special Easter


I love Easter, but this year was particularily special. Not only was it a beautiful spring day (one of the first after a VERY LONG winter,) but it was also Maelle's blessing day. We dressed her up in a beautiful white dress that my grandmother crocheted before she died. It has been sitting in my hope chest for almost 20 years, waiting patiently for the arrival of my little Jelly Bean. It was gorgeous to start and made even better by being worn by Maelle.

Matt's family made the drive to London to join us for her special day. It was a most amazing day. Maelle was fantastic, she slept through the entire blessing. Matt was one proud daddy, and I was a teary (happy tears) mommy.


Easter dinner was at our house, and we enjoyed the company. Maelle even had a special cake. We are one happy little family. I hope everyone's Easter was as special as ours!
I love this little Jelly Bean.
Maelle had just woken up from a nap. She didn't really care about the cake, but it was fun to make! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment