Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Beating Heart...

I saw my doctor today, and though I was a little nervous, and my doctor was running late, it was a really cool experience. I found out I am normal in all areas. Good blood pressure, good weight gain thus far, good on all my blood tests, but perhaps the coolest thing was the fact I got to hear our baby's heart beat.

My doctor, who I REALLY like, put the Doppler machine on my little baby bump (it really isn't a belly yet, in fact, it's barely a bump) and I was able to hear the little flutter of Jelly Bean's heart. It was so cool. I got all teary. Jelly Bean's heart was beating at 160 bpm, again a normal measurement, and the doctor said that he/she was being very active and moving around. She had to keep moving the probe to keep the heart beat coming through. I wish Matt could have been there!

It was so amazing. I still have a hard time believing that Matt and I are pregnant, but after a day like today, I'm starting to believe it a little more. Thus far, we have been really blessed, and it looks like both me and Jelly Bean are healthy and growing the way we should. Here's hoping it all continues that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment